Friday, November 6, 2009

Value of experience

Read this short article in the newspaper Titled, Does technology devalue old people? : NY Timeshttp://ideas.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/05/does-technology-devalue-old-people/

Hearing “I don’t want to” or just “No” from my 10 yr old son reminds me of when I said “No, I don’t want to” to my Mom. Afraid of the new “thing”; the new children at little league, the new food in the house, the new town on vacation , or my “new” but old adult friend from high school.


The wisdom of the old is in, the living before the young.

I had to travel life’s path and feel the pain, my Mom was trying to help me avoid.

When we learn how to inspire the young, to listen to our “old” experiences, our “old hurts” then we will be useful and have more knowledge than google.

A day with Diana, inspired by the NY Times article " Does Technology Devalue Old People?

No comments: